Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Review of Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist

I was lucky enough to receive this book, Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes as a reviewer for Handlebar Publishing. I absolutely loved the book! In fact, I loved it so much that when I finished reading it I gave it to my daughter-in-law. 

In the book author Shauna Niequist shares her newest collection of essays on family relationships, friendships, and the meals that bring us together and how God teaches and nourishes us as we nourish the people around us.

As with her previous books, Cold Tangerines and Bittersweet, Shauna Niequist lets her vulnerability show. Her essays from around her table are filled with wit, as she shares touching tales of life experiences shared over a meal. But this book is not fluff by any means, she is very realistic about the troubles life brings as well as the joys, admitting to the demands of trying to be "perfect" and the days when she must choose to "fast rather than feast." 

A great gift idea, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment