Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Book Review-Curiosities of the Civil War by Webb Garrison

As my first book to review from Book Sneeze, I was so very impressed with CURIOSITIES OF THE CIVIL WAR by Webb Garrison. For one thing, the jacket of the book is splendid! I have CURIOSITIES OF THE CIVIL WAR displayed in my kitchen, which is decorated with antiques and oddities I have collected over the years, creating a trip back in time all by itself, so having CURIOSITIES OF THE CIVIL WAR by Webb Garrison, with is gorgeous, old-fashioned cover sitting on top of my antique dresser in the entry way to my kitchen feels just like serendipity.


What’s inside the book certainly doesn’t disappoint either. You can tell right away that Webb Garrison spent many long hours researching CURIOSITIES OF THE CIVIL WAR, and reports his findings in mighty detail. There are so many things, oddities, outrageous happenings, secret stuff the Civil War history books have never revealed, within the pages of this book. I would recommend CURIOSITIES OF THE CIVIL WAR to anyone who is curious about what happened behind the lines of the Civil War, and to those who enjoy displaying beautiful books in their collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment